LISTING YOUR HOME? 10 TIPS TO GET YOUR HOME NOTICED!
With the real estate market now in full swing, many people are beginning to think about selling their homes. It can often feel overwhelming when trying to get your home ready to place it on the market. Certainly there are many things to do however, doing a few things each day can help you to not feel stressed out about the process.
- DE-CLUTTER - We all can accumulate things as time goes by. Our homes can become cluttered without one ever even noticing it. Take a weekend and simply go through each and every room in your home with a critical eye. Thin out all decorations, any clutter and either pack it away, give it away or throw it out.
- THIN OUT FURNITURE - Assess each room with the furniture that they contain. If you can take out a few items of furniture, it can make a huge difference in making the room appear larger and roomier.
- CLEAN, CLEAN & CLEAN - Get down to those nooks and crannies. Get the windows sparkling clean, wipe down cabinets, touch up wall paint and trim, clean or replace grout and did down deep to get the house super clean.
- DE-PERSONALIZE - Remove personal pictures, children's artwork, put up bills out of sight, keep medicine put away, lock up the jewelry and basically hide or put away anything that is too personal.
- DEODORIZE - This goes along with the cleaning point yet a home must smell great. Do not simply light candles or place deodorizers throughout the home. Smell the curtains, the furniture, the carpet and rugs? You might need to have these items cleaned.
- FRESHEN THE PAINT - Do you need to repaint trim, windowsills or doors, etc? This goes for both the inside and the outside. Touch up where needed and re-paint if a larger job is warranted. Nothing freshens up a home than fresh paint.
- LAWN & GARDEN - Weed, freshen mulch, trim shrubs, take out any dead plants or trees, scrub mildew or stains from the outside of the home and walkways as well as the driveway. Plant some fresh, colorful flowers and make sure there is some color at the front door.
- REPAIR - If something needs to be repaired, do it now. Use licensed, professional contractors and keep ALL receipts of the work that has been performed.
- ORGANIZE - Yes, the drawers, closets and cabinets need to be organized. This is the perfect opportunity to getting one step closer to moving.
- PAPERWORK - Now is the time to get all of the manuals on items for you home. Put them into a notebook. Add neighborhood information and other items that a future owner would enjoy having. Find your survey, any past Appraisals, Inspections or other paperwork that your Listing Agent will need.
If you take this list and go through each and every point, your home will be ready to be put on the market. More importantly your home WILL BE NOTICED!
Getting ready to sell your home? Call us at Chevaux Group! We know the market and we know how to sell! Let us do the work and get your home SOLD!
"Have you fully lived today?"
Paula L. McDonald ~ REALTOR®
Broker ~ Granbury, Texas
Selling Hood County and surrounding areas!
Copyright 2016 Paula McDonald