FUN FACTS ABOUT THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS
The Woodlands, Texas is most definitely a unique place to live and to work. My first encounter with The Woodlands over 25 years ago was much different than what I interface with now on a daily basis.
- The Woodlands formally opened on October 19, 1974
- There are now nine villages that comprise The Woodlands
- In 1976 McCullough was the first high school to open
- In 1987 the Hardy Toll Road opened creating a quick corridor to Bush International Airport
- 1990 saw the beautiful Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion open with Frank Sinatra
- The population soared to 40,000 people in 1994
- The population exceeded 80,000 in 2005
- The Woodlands Waterway opened in 2004
"Have you fully lived today?"
Paula L. McDonald ~ REALTOR®
Broker ~ Granbury, Texas
Selling Hood County and surrounding areas!
Copyright 2016 Paula McDonald