When your home is on the market and you need to be gone for awhile, not to fear. There are many steps that you can take to insure a worry-free time while you are away regarding your home. Perphaps that is when you will get it sold!
Here are a few tips to follow when you have your home on the market but are heading out of town:
1. Call your listing agent and let them know the dates that you will gone. Make sure they know of any
special showing instructions that might change during your absence.
2. Have a neighbor or friend pick up newspapers, your mail and any deliveries so that they don't stack up
around the house or on the porch.
3. Do not advertise on social media that you will be away!
4. Have lamps throughout the home on timers so that they come on at scheduled times.
5. Keep some shades open so the house will look light and bright during showings. Having it all closed up
screams "we are out of town"!
6. Lock up valuables and put away all medicines.
7. Take out the trash before you leave! Nothing worse than last nights fish stinking up the place while
you are gone!
8. Leave the home clean and tidy! Laundry up, cat boxes emptied, toilet seats down, beds made!
9. Unplug computers and other electrical items that could be damaged during a storm or outage.
10. Make sure your listing agent has a local contact person to call in case of an emergency and you are
not able to be reached.
Preparing a few things ahead of time can really help you head out of town with a lot less stress. Don't wait until right before you are leaving to do these things! Begin preparing early!
Enjoy your time away!