RUNNING THE RACE OF REAL ESTATE ~ 10 TRAINING STEPS
As I am out on the running trails logging mile by mile, I have a lot of time to think and contemplate. One of the analogies that I find with my running is how it completely relates to my business in real estate. Hang with me for a moment and I think you will see where this is going.
As in any discipline in life, there are certain steps that can help you get where you are going. Real estate is the same. The 10 training steps that help me along in my career are as follows:
1. The Warm Up - Getting up each morning with a purpose. Take a little "me" time to prepare for the day.
2. Training - Decide what you need to do for that day and then get after it.
3. Cross-training - What new skills must you learn and use to take yourself to the next level?
4. Proper Nutrition - The proper feeding of the brain is a must. Which educational courses, books to read or designations would fuel your business?
5. Prioritize - As with exercise, if you don't make it a priority it just won't happen. What things in your business need top priority. Take a minute to make a priority list.
6. Plan - What are you goals and how do you plan to get there. So important for your personal and professional goals.
7. Execute - Knowing what you need to do each and every day and then making them happen is key! Get it done!
8. Race - Great performances come from proper training.
9. Finish Line - Never, ever quit. No matter how tough the race becomes, visualize the finish line and get yourself over it.
10. Rest & Celebrate - All of the above training tips mean nothing without this very important step. You must rest and you must celebrate the good things in your life!
No matter what, enjoy the race that is in front of you. Celebrate every mile! There will be bumps in the road so hang in there and navigate safely and strongly!