USING YOUR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AS A RESOURCE
Most larger cities and urban areas now have Economic Development Groups. If you haven't sought out one in your area, you could be missing out on an excellent resource for your business! The Economic Development Groups have been formed for the sole reason in helping to create jobs, encourage businesses to move to their area and act as Ambassadors between the city and the hopeful job creators!
Here is what a local Economic Development Group can offer you:
- Staying updated on what is going on in your area regarding new jobs and companies that could be coming to your area.
- Excellent demographic and employment studies for your area with all sorts of statistics that you can use in your listing presentations.
- Many of these organizations will feature your commercial listings on their site for free!
- Getting involved in these organizations will keep you in the forefront of the latest economic news and will make you look like a star in the eyes of your clients.
- They will also assist you with clients who are coming to the area who may be looking for commercial real estate. Many have tax incentives and other abatements that can help your clients decide if your area is a good fit for them.
Take a moment to research your local Economic Development Group. You may be surprised to learn that they are big supporters of the local real estate professional. Get to know them and enjoy a wonderful synergistic partnership!