This is a Crappy Post!
I apologize for the play on words yet it seemed so appropriate with this topic. I am referring to scheduling the dreaded colonoscopy when the time comes. No this isn't fun but it can save your life.
I am approaching my date this next week and am reminded how very important this is. My stepfather passed away from colon cancer and it was no fun watching him in his last days. This is a part of our bodies and we must take care to be diligent with the testing.
A few funny things come to mind however! Laughing through the reality is often a great way to endure!
- You might need a seat belt for the toilet during the prep time! Those of you who have done this know exactly what I mean.
- You might discover that gum you swallowed as a child!
- Clean as a whistle will take on a new meaning for you.
- Your stomach will be much flatter during the cleanse!
- Your speed in getting to the toilet will amaze you.
- Stock up on very soft toilet paper.
- Wear comfortable clothing that can come down quickly!
- Prepare the bathroom in advance with a nice smelling candle.
- There will be no need for reading material as your hands and probably your feet may be engaged on either side of the walls! EEEK!
- Don't eat spicy foods as you near the date for the test! I certainly don't need to explain this!
In all seriousness, colon cancer is a killer. Get yourself tested when your doctor recommends. Early detection saves lives. More more information visit the American Cancer Society.
Yes, this is a crappy post that can save your life!