What I Learned in 2015
As we near the close of 2015, reflecting on what we learned can be a very important tool and lesson. For me personally, what I learned this year was a bit different. It has been a great year and has allowed me to look a little more deeply at what is truly important.
Here are my top lessons learned in 2015:
- Never take life too seriously. Yes in real estate there will be disappointments. However, the sun does come up again. I had a huge land deal that fell out yet my clients kept their emotions out of it and all realized it wasn't meant to be.
- Quality of work by far surpasses the quantity of work. I know many mega-agents who do a great job. For me however, I will never put an emphasis on being the biggest, the most-est or the mega. Getting to really know my clients and being able to be involved in all areas of a transaction are huge for me.
- Embrace each day and whatever that day brings. We can't have mountaintop experiences everyday. The oxygen level is decreased up there. Besides, more fruit is produced in the valleys!
- Share your successes, your lessons learned, your heartaches and your joy. There are important things to share with others.
- Take a risk. Do something you have always wanted to do. Don't wait! This year I finally wrote that book I have been wanting to and am very close to getting it fully published.
- Spend time with yourself! Yes that's right! Take a little time to get away by yourself to think, plan, reflect and refresh.
- Take care of yourself. Physically, emotionally, spiritually! You are all that you really have so be kind to yourself.
- Allow yourself to make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up. Learn from them and move on.
- Invest in those around you. By truly caring for the needs of those around you can take the focus off of a bad day, month or year!
I hope that your 2015 was a good one. Here is to a wonderful 2016! Make it the best ever!
"Have you fully LIVED today?"