Do Homes Have Their Own Energy Force?
I have been doing a lot of research lately regarding the study of energy in humans. We are all energetic beings that radiate out vibrations and frequencies. Our only two organs that are electrically charged are our hearts and our brains. It's rather interesting to study.
When we encounter one another, we can feel what many call a "vibe". There is truth to this in that, we each do have our own energy force. Whether it is a positive or negative "vibe", is determined by our thoughts, attitudes and beliefs.
As a real estate professional, I go into many, many different homes on a daily basis. I cannot deny that there are times when I enter a home that gives off a definitive energy. I can either "feel" the home has very positive energy and sometimes I can feel the negative. I am sure many of you are "in-tune" to what I am speaking about.
Before you think that I have gone off of the deep end, let me remind you of the study of Quantum Physics. Albert Einstein was the father of the vibrational frequency theory. He stated that:
"Everything in life is a vibration."
He helped us see the world in a different perspective. A piece of granite for example may appear to not be moving however, on a molecular level, we know the molecules are indeed in motion. Fascinating.
Another great thinker and scientists, Nikoloa Tesla said this:
“If you want to know the secrets of the universe,
think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
Therefore, is it that far fetched to believe that structures such as homes also contain their own energy force? Not at all. In fact, understanding this concept could be a game-changer to listing agents.
Because homes are full of energy-creating humans, undoubtedly they create energy in a home. You can often tell of the energy in a home from some of these clues:
- Chaos - is the home orderly or neat?
- Style - is the home a calm style or a loud style? (Colors, decor, etc.)
- First Impressions - what do you see, smell or hear when you enter a home?
- Light - is the home full or light or is it dark?
This list of items most definitely determines the way a home is perceived by potential buyers. Understanding the energy frequency in a home and changing it if needed to a more positive one can make a huge difference. Now don't get scared that I am going to suggest you chant and wave burning sage through the home! (Although you can if you want to!)
In referring to the list above, here are some easy tips to clean up and improve the energy of a home:
- Clear the clutter. Go room by room and just remove the extra things that detract. Keep the rooms as clean and clear as possible.
- If the home has a lot of very personalized colors, artwork, etc. that tend to be loud or out of the ordinary, suggest toning it down. Yes it may be fantastic to the owners but if it is too "out there", the majority of buyers just won't get it.
- Make sure your first impressions are good ones. The home should not smell at all. Anything you can do to neutralize the air is best. Diffusing essential oils that clean the air work very nicely. For more information regarding essential oils, click here.
- If a home does not have a lot of natural light, make sure there are plenty of lamps and other electric lights to have turned on during a showing. A dark home is never pperceived very well. Remove dark, heavy curtains. Pull shades up. Wash the windows!
You can change the energy of a home by doing a few simple things. Give it a try! Walking in to a home that exudes good, positive energy can and will make a difference.
For more information on listing or buying real estate, contact CHEVAUX Group, PLLC. We love what we do and we can assist you with your next real estate endeavor. Call us today!