How to Help the People of Texas
As you all know, the situation in south Texas is dire. Millions of people are being affected. Someone superimposed the map of Houston over the northeast and it went from Boston to Manhattan. The problem with this is there is a LOT more area affected than just the greater Houston area.
The areas affected in Texas reach from central Texas all the way southeast across the state. This is a huge geographic region. This area would most likely cover several smaller states completely. Now imagine that those entire states were engulfed in flood water!
So what can you do? There are some specific ways you can help right now where ever you are:
2. Organize relief teams who can go and help. Clothing, food, money, helping hands, counselors, etc. will
all be needed for a great many people.
3. Send a donation. JJ Watt from the Houston Texans has organized a fundraiser. There are also many,
many more ways to donate through various relief efforts. Give as you feel led to do.
4. Go through your closets, your extra clothes and shoes will be needed.
5. Are there pieces of furniture you could donate?
6. If you are a trained doctor or nurse, find out if you can assist in any way.
7. First responders from outside of the area will be needed.
8. Consider donating non-perishable foods and water to be sent to the area.
9. Children will need toys as many have lost them all.
10. Blankets, towels and toiletries will be appreciated.
There are many, many ways to get involved. Just think, if the entire country pitches in, great strides could come from it. Every little bit helps.
Thank you to everyone who is reaching out to help. This is why we live in the greatest country in the world. We go to bat for our brothers and sisters in need. Thank you.